HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fun memes for a rainy Sunday afternoon

MomOfThree has tagged me for the "View From Your Window" meme! You're supposed to post a picture of the view from the window by where you usually blog.

Hmm, well sometimes I blog at work, where I haven't had a window at all (although that will change tomorrow). Or I sit on my bed with the laptop sometimes and blog from there - that's where I am right now. Although my favorite place to sit with the laptop is in our living room recliner. Preferably with chocolate and a tall glass of cold water... Which reminds me - I'm thirsty. Be right back.

Ok, I'm back. So, here goes. The view from my bedroom window is this - although I can't actually see out the window from where I'm sitting because the television on my dresser blocks the window from this angle. But if I go up to the window and look out, this is what I see:


And the view from the recliner in our living room - well it's a bit obscured right now by a giant Winnebago that's been parked across the street for 3 days (our neighbors are having a family reunion this weekend). So that view currently looks like this from our front window:


Not terribly interesting, huh! Well, I love sitting on my front porch when it's warm enough outside and just watching what's going on in the neighborhood. There's usually people out walking dogs, kids riding bikes or rollerblading. The only thing I wish our neighborhood had is sidewalks. It's hard when the only place the kids can really ride their bikes is in the street - even our driveway is on a slope which makes it hard for them to ride on there.

Last month I sat on my front porch and took some pictures of the view from different directions - so, when there's no giant RV blocking my view, this is what else I see:

Looking to the left...
Then turning toward the right...Straight ahead...Turning to the right...
And the all the way to the right...

And that's the view from my front window/front porch! Although it's currently raining here, so just imagine gray cloudy skies and lots of raindrops into those pictures above. Guess I won't be sitting out on the porch today...

I'm going to tag Karen, Summer, Wendy and Nap Warden with this one because I want to see the views from where all of you blog - my apologies if any of you have already done it but I'm being too lazy to go double-check... :)

I also lifted this meme from Pediascribe today since it looked interesting...

Were you named after anyone? No.

When was the last time you cried? Not sure - maybe a few months ago.

Do you like your handwriting? When I take the time to write nicely, I do. I used to change my handwriting all the time when I'd get bored in school, so I've liked it at times and not so much at others.

What is your favorite lunch meat? Hillshire Farms Brown Sugar Baked Ham

Do you have kids? Yep, three of them.

Do you have pets? Two cats. One indoor, and one indoor who wants to be an outdoor.

Do you use sarcasm a lot? Nope... ;)

Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.

Would you bungee jump? No.

What is your favorite cereal? I don't eat much of it since I'm allergic to milk, but every so often I treat myself to a bowl of Kix or Fruit Loops.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, because I don't have laces in my shoes. I wear either sandals, loafers or a pair of cheap white tennis shoes that I took the laces out of. My feet seem to get wider after every pregnancy...

Do you think you are strong? No.

What is your favorite ice cream? Mackinaw Island Fudge

What is the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes.

Red or pink? Red.

What is the least favorite thing about yourself? My weight.

What do you miss the most? Being able to be with my kids all day.

What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Denim jeans, no shoes right now.

What was the last thing you ate? A ham and turkey sandwich and Baked Lays chips for lunch.

What are you listening to right now? The air purifier in my bedroom.

If you won the lottery, would you share it? Yes, with my family and friends.

Favorite smells? Cinnamon, lilac

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? I left a message for my friend Kristi earlier this afternoon, but the last person I actually talked to was my friend Mary last night, until 1am.

Favorite sports to watch? Um probably the Olympics since that's about the only sports I usually watch.

Hair color? Brown with way too much early gray.

Eye color? Green.

Do you wear contacts? No.

Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.

Last movie you watched? Knocked Up. The uncut/unrated version that I rented by accident. Wow. I think I'll be looking at which version I grab from now on at the video store so I don't do that again.

What color shirt are you wearing? Gray/black/red/white stripes.

Summer or winter? Summer. I hate winter!

Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

Favorite dessert? A brownie ice cream sundae with hot fudge.

What book are you reading now? No books right now - I'm trying to get caught up on my stack of magazines that I've been collecting for the past few months.

What is on your mouse pad? At work, it's the logo for the company that makes our GIS software. I don't have a mouse pad at home.

What did you watch on TV last night? Didn't watch tv - I fell asleep on the couch and then was on the phone for the rest of the evening.

Favorite sound? Good music.

What is the farthest you have been from home? San Francisco three times.

Do you have a special talent? I can write with either hand...

Where were you born? Southfield, Michigan

If anyone wants to join in on this one, feel free! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

5 wonderful people said...:

Karen said...

Wow! It is spooky how much our answers jive!

Karen said...

Oh, btw, I'll be answering your tag for the "view" meme next Sunday (my meme day) :)

KC said...

Fun meme's
I just got the view from my window posted and ready to view.. I'm too tired to do the 2nd one LOL.. Maybe another day.

Anonymous said...

How neat to see all the views from your front porch!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the tag!! I was waiting for the sun to shine so I can get some good pictures of my blogging view:) Will post soon!!!