HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, October 8, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #11 - Why does everything always get scheduled on Tuesdays?

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow at a work seminar in Detroit so I won't have a chance to read or write posts or tackle much else. Which is why this is being posted early...

I have to leave the house at about 6:15 am. I don't usually wake up until 6:30, so that puts me an hour short on sleep tonight before I even head to bed - which will be pretty soon. Then I get to drive (or ride) for 2 hours with 3 guys from work, then sit through a (probably) boring seminar until mid-afternoon. Hopefully they'll feed us well for lunch at least! Then repeat the 2-hour drive back and I'm just hoping I'm back in time to pick the girls up and make it to Abby's last soccer practice on time. I think I'll be tackling my bed fairly early tomorrow night as well.

Ron will have to handle getting everyone up and ready in the morning, which should be interesting since he'll also have to make sure that the girls all get to where they'll need to be on time. I know he can manage it, but he'll have to be late for work, and that could be a problem.

Things like this haven't come up very often for us lately - usually it's me having to cover things that Ron can't make it to. For the first time in a while, it's the opposite. Ron doesn't mind usually but his current job is a lot less flexible than anything he's had before. He may end up with the day off if he can't get there on time, and although the break would be nice for him, it wouldn't be so good for his paycheck.

So I guess my tackle for this week isn't really something I'm doing, but more that Ron will have to tackle the entire morning routine on his own. Hopefully everything will go ok! :)

Update: Wow, am I tired! It was a really long day and involved me forgetting both my wallet (in the diaper bag at home) and my cell phone (in my van at the park-n-ride where I met my co-workers). One piece of advice - memorize important phone numbers, just in case you don't have your phone with you! I tried borrowing a phone to call Ron several times but he didn't have his regular cell phone with him and I couldn't remember his work number since I always just hit his name on speed dial. It turns out I was only off by one number though!

It drove me nuts all day not being connected or knowing how things went this morning. I did make it home in time to pick up the girls and make it to Abby's soccer practice (barely) but forgot her soccer ball so she had to borrow one. Apparently things went fine this morning - everyone made it to where they needed to go safely and on time. Nobody's hair got done so the girls went all day with hair hanging in the faces (well not Becca - she doesn't have enough hair for that yet!), and Abby forgot her glasses so had a difficult time seeing clearly at school and soccer practice. Becca was wearing a shirt and pants of different shades of orange since I didn't get a chance to pick out her clothes last night. But really, those are little things and I'm glad that there were no major problems.

We did have one slight hiccup - Ron drove his work truck home last night. They are not allowed to drive any passengers in their trucks at all - if he drove anyone else in it and got caught, he would lose his job. I had to meet my co-workers a half hour east of here, so had to take our van. Abby and Hannah ride the bus, so no problem there, but Ron had to get creative to find a way to get Becca to daycare. Thankfully and luckily our next-door neighbor was able to run her over there for him. I am so appreciative of the friends we've made in this neighborhood!


What are you tackling this week? And check out other Tackle It Tuesday posts over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

3 wonderful people said...:

Karen said...

I think it's really good to leave the kids like that for the dh to take care of. Makes they appreciate all you do that, typically, goes totally unnoticed. Makes them realize that the house runs smoothly because YOU are doing something.
And, amazingly, those dh's step up to the plate and do just fine (although I wouldn't trust it long term!) ;)

Jennifer said...

I need to tackle our spring/summer clothing swap out with the fall/winter ones in the next day or so. Should've done it today!!

I'm going to CA in 17 days & my hubby will be in charge the whole week I'm gone like yours is tomorrow~~~~I AM worried ;0) LOL!!

Rebecca said...

He's going to have his hands full!

Hey, I finally posted the results of the TT13 Favorite Q's from a couple weeks back. It's up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/ if you want to take a look! :-)