HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Throwback Thursday #10 - Order's up!



This picture was taken in our basement - apparently I had a 'restaurant' down there and you can see my idea of what a waitress should wear, complete with Brownie uniform, red and white apron, scarf and some kind of veil/scarf/hairnet on my head.


What I love about this photo is how completely 70's just about everything in the picture is, from the 'gold' play kitchen appliances to the multicolored play table and my mom's hairstyle and clothes.

I don't see any menus though - I wonder what I was serving... :)


Check out more Throwback Thursday over at Pinks and Blues Girls!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

10 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT! I used to love to play waitress! Then when I got older and I WAS an actual waitress, it wasn't as fun. ;)

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Anonymous said...

I used to play waitress too! We'd draw the menu out on the chalk board or something. Great pic!

KC said...

I love this picture it is wonderful. Your table looks alot like my 1st table and chair set I got for Christmas the year I turned two which would have been Christmas of 1974. Except mine was round, but the pattern and colors and the look of the chairs was all the same. I'll have to post pictures of it one thursday.. but not this week I only went back two years.
Happy Thursday

houseofeling said...

I love that picture! I think I played the same game, so fun...

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

I love this! That hair net is the bomb! I've never seen anyone wear one with such elegance!

Happy Thursday!

Shana said...

What a great Throwback pic. I loved to play waitress to. I took everyones drink order at dinner time when we had big family meals. And I had a table and chair set that looked a lot like yours. :o)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh my gosh...you even had the avocado green laundry basket! What a hoot! (Don't tell, but I think my mum still uses hers from that era!)

Andrea said...

haha! I do love your 70's diner!! And your waitress outfit is beyond cute! I remember how much I loved to "dress up" when I was a kid :)

Anonymous said...

This could have been me!!!!! Very cute photo! Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture. I will have to raid my Mom's photoalbums next time we visit. :)