HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, October 15, 2007

Heads or Tails #9 - Ten things

This is a Tails week, which means that we have to go specifically with the topic - in this case, a list of ten things within the same category.

So here are 10 things that I wish my kids would stop saying:

  1. "Mooooooommmmmmm" in that whiny kind of voice. The one that grates on your nerves and makes you want to scream.

  2. "Abby/Hannah did *fill in the blank*!" I don't care. I really don't. As long as everyone is still breathing and there's no blood gushing anywhere, please spare me the accusations and details.

  3. "Come get Becca out of our room!" Well, that's why they have a safety gate on their doorway. If only they'd remember to use it.

  4. "I don't want to eat *fill in the blank*!" Those of you 'blessed' with picky children are right with me, I'm sure.

  5. "What are we having for dinner?" I spend all day dreading this question because I hear it over and over again from the time I pick the girls up at daycare until we get home, I manage to peruse the cupboards and see what we have, and then tell them what dinner will be. It's then that I'm usually subjected to #4.

  6. "Nooooo!" Whether accompanied by foot stomping, tears or a full-flung tantrum, I so wish they'd put just half the amount of energy into saying 'yes' one of these days...

  7. "That's mine!" Ron submitted this one and I'm tired of hearing it also. If it's yours, then put it away where nobody else can get it or please just stop complaining.

  8. "Can I have a treat?" I almost dread Halloween because I just know I'll hear this every day over and over again until the candy is gone. Which is one reason why Mommy steals sneaks candy from their bags every year. Really, it is for their own good as well as my sanity. :)

  9. "I want to listen to *insert name of CD not currently playing in our van*!" Whatever we happen to be listening to, someone will decide that she wants something else. Or that she wants me to skip a song. Or go back to a song. Or all of the above.

  10. "Mommy, I love you!" Oh wait, that's not right... No - that one belongs on the list of Things I Never Want My Kids To Stop Saying. Because that's something I don't mind hearing again and again. As often as they want to tell me. Every 5 minutes would be nice. :)

Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

20 wonderful people said...:

jenn said...

Great list. I could do without most of those as well, especially the "What's for dinner?'. That drives me nuts!

Misty DawnS said...

Great list - I may only be a step-mother, but I've still heard most of these!

Andree said...

ooohhhh you have reminded me why I am sometimes glad the kids are all grown! But I still hear a lot of this even tho they are all in their thirties! ooohhhhh

Karen said...

Ugh. I hate the "Noooooo." Around here we laugh at them b/c they turn it into a two syllable word. So it comes out sorta like a drawn out version of "Noah."

Anonymous said...

OH, your number 1 would be my number 1 except they says "Mama!"

"Maaaaaaaama"
"Mama"
"MaaaaaaMaaaaaaa"

LOL

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very creative list ...we don't get NO yet from the babies - as much as I try not to say it - IT's me that will teach them.
Did you print them out for the girls to read !
I love to hear #10 too.

Anonymous said...

I loved your list and we hear those things in our house OFTEN. Loved your #10--I could never get tired of that. Enjoy your Tuesday.

Rebecca said...

Oh I can't wait until I have kids! :P

Amanda said...

great lsit. Happy Tuesday!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I tried to comment earlier, but blogger/blogspot was down. My teenager is always asking me to get her little brother out of her bedroom. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yup, sounds like a description of a pretty typical day around here! LOL!

footiam said...

Oh! I just wish I have kids! It's nice this skittle thing,wish I know how to play it right! Do come over to http://steptpg.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Okay Deb, I have the perfect solution for the "What's for dinner" question. I used to get this ALL THE FREAKING TIME with my boys, too. And because I never had a clue what was for dinner, it irritated me to no end.

Every weekend, sit down for about 20 minutes and write out a menu for the following week. Then, make a list of ingredients you'll need for said meals and the next time you go grocery shopping, buy those ingredients

But wait, it gets better. *grin* Buy a small white erase board, and list the week's menu on that board. Post it every week. So now, whenever I'm asked "What's for dinner, mom?" I can simply point to the menu. Voila. Question averted, and I have a plan for dinner. Of course, the question still gets asked, but at least now all I have to do is raise my eyebrows because that's my visual sign of "Did you check the menu board?" lol

And boy, do I KNOW about the picky eater - youngest son. AARGH.

bcmomtoo said...

I love your list! I've heard them all. The 'what's for dinner?' one comes from my teenage son all the time. You'd think he's growing or something!

I don't get tired of #10 either.

CableGirl said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to. lol. Why is it I want her to learn to talk???

Rambler said...

I am sure you would miss a lot of them as soon as they grow up :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

Ha ha. Been there, still getting many of these. My younger son's first word was MINE, he learned it from his older brother. ;)

bundle-o-contradictions said...

You're fortunate to hear those things, despite how irritating they must seem.
Happy Tuesday. :)

Barb said...

This reminds me why being a grandma is so fun :)

Shana said...

"I love you" is the best isn't it? :o)