HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Home again

Hi! I'm back... :)

We had a really nice weekend. Long, exhausting and sometimes stressful, but very good overall. We got back somewhat late last night and I feel like I've been scattered ever since, trying to catch up. I've been trying to collect my thoughts to write something - anything about the weekend, but keep getting distracted and can't concentrate. I'll have to post about our trip tomorrow when I can put a complete thought together. Here's a little hint though.

Think windy. Very windy...


And quite bright and sunny. We found shade (and snacks) wherever we could.


The trees just can't seem to make up their minds whether to turn colors yet this year or not...


Here's what happens when you take itty bitty pigtails out of very fine, straight hair:


This is a very rare species - the "I haven't slept all day even through Mommy drove me around and around hoping to get at least a tiny nap out of me. Instead I decided to have screaming hysterics in the middle of the Children's Place outlet store because I wanted down. Or was that up? Or in the stroller? Or on the floor? Yawn..." Thankfully these are hard to find as they tend to vanish after a good night's sleep...



What were the 'big kids' up to, you may ask?




Someone remind me - is it really October? Cause you could've fooled me!

And oh yes - with the exception of a lingering cough for Becca, everyone is (and has been) pretty healthy. In fact, Mary's daughter Emma was the one who felt the worst while we were down there - she had a cough as well, possibly even the same non-illness that my kids had last week...

More to come tomorrow when I'm hopefully more coherent. Or at least more awake.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

MomOf4 said...

It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful weekend! I love the pictures!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of pigtails blowing in the wind!

Karen said...

Love the windy pigtail picture. It's very "Cindy Lou Hoo-ish." :)
Sounds like a great time!! Glad you were able to make it!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Great pics! I loved the picture of the trees. Our leaves go from green on the branch to dead on the ground overnight, so I always love to see what fall really looks like.

Wendy said...

great pictures...especially the one of the wind blown pony tails:) Adorable!!