HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #13 - Back to housework!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

This week things are getting back to normal around the house, so I can tackle (imagine this) - housework! :)

The first thing I need to do - which I did get sort of started on this morning before I left for work - is folding and putting away the piles of laundry that got washed last week but have been just sitting around in baskets since. I'm tired of having to search to find clothes for the girls in the mornings... I also need to put away my laundry that finally got done (thanks, Ron!) and do another load of my clothes, as well as a load of towels since I noticed late last night that we're out of clean dishcloths.

Yes, folks - it's laundry day! LOL

I think I may even run home at lunch and throw a load in to get a head start, as well as have a chance to get some uninterrupted folding time. I'm a bit afraid of what the cats may do to the nice piles I started this morning so should probably at least finish that basket up so I can get everything put away in drawers.

Oh yes, and I also need to sort through all of the clothes I bought over the weekend and put the ones for next summer away and wash the ones that will fit now. More about the successful shopping later, but let's just say my girls are set for a while... :)

Lastly, the girls have church choir tonight but that's a routine that we're used to since this is our fourth year of having at least one girl singing. So our evening will look like this - home by 5:30 pm, feed everyone a (somewhat) quick dinner so we can get out the door by 6:15 pm to head to church. Abby will have to do her homework in there somewhere too. Keep Becca amused and out of stuff she shouldn't be getting into at church for a half hour while the girls sing and then take everybody home for pajamas and bedtime.

And then fold more laundry.

Well, so much for my laundry-folding at lunchtime plans... Becca is still coughing quite a bit from having been sick last week and with an added wheeze today, it's concerning us (and daycare) enough that I'm going to take her in to get it checked out later this afternoon. So I'll be tackling my lunch hour late and adding a visit to the pediatrician to my day... It's one of those, "If I take her in, she'll be fine and it'll be a waste of time and money - but if I don't take her in, it'll turn out to be pneumonia or something sinister like that and I'll feel horrible for not having taken her in today." What do they say - better safe than sorry? Or an ounce of prevention... Ok, enough with the cliches already! :)

Got almost all the laundry folded! And put away even... Just one basket of Becca's left to do and I still have to throw in that load of towels. But not too bad. Becca's appointment went as expected - no pneumonia or anything like that and her ears look fine. She had gunky chest stuff like this last year and we've still got the Albuterol inhaler from then so we're supposed to try that a couple of times a day and see if it helps. If not, then it's probably just drainage. She did sound better tonight so we'll see how tomorrow goes... Thanks for all of the sweet comments!

What are you tackling this week? And check out other Tackle It Tuesday posts over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

8 wonderful people said...:

mistihollrah said...

I'm playing catch up this week! Good luck with your tackle!

a. said...

wow!! i am impressed!! going home at lunch to do laundry!!! i must bow down to you (teeehehehe). good luck and have a wonderful week!!

Jennifer said...

I've got to pack for my trip...AND do the housework so that it doesn't look quite so bad when I return from my week away.

By the way, looks like you guys had a great weekend.

Children's Place OUTLET? Oh I'd be in trouble there!! Maybe it's a good thing we don't have one nearby!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it!!!

Courtney said...

Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok with Becca. I hate that should I or shouldn't I feeling. We have done that for about a week with my oldest and finally we decided we should. She ended up having bronchitis so I hope it is nothing. It definitely is better to be safe than sorry and all the others!

Unknown said...

Good luck w/ the laundry! I had to do that last week. I hope all is ok w/ Becca also.

Jennifer said...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I am tackling the stomach flu this week. My 4 year old has been sick since Sunday. YUCK! Welcome to pre-school.