HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #14 - Getting my house party-ready

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

This week I need to tackle pretty much my whole house. I did a very crazy generous thing and offered to help out my sister-in-law by hosting a Tastefully Simple party this Saturday. Which means that I have exactly how many days to get my house into any kind of shape for guests? Yeah, I thought so - fewer than I hoped for... :)

So in no particular order, I need to tackle the following:
  • Finish folding and putting away laundry that is still sitting in baskets in my living room.

  • Use the now-empty baskets to finish doing the rest of the laundry and then repeat #1 until everyone in the house has enough clean clothes to last more than a day or two and all piles/baskets of laundry are put where they're supposed to be.

  • Buckle down and actually invite people to this party. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I've been invited to a lot of this type of party lately that I haven't been able to go to and I hate inviting people when I haven't been able to reciprocate.

  • Figure out how to vacuum my entire house with a vacuum cleaner that is out of commission. Any ideas? Keep in mind that we have (what used to be) white carpeting in our living room and hallway...

  • Dust. Everything, everywhere. The amount of dust that's collected in my house is well, embarrassing.

  • Clean the bathroom (thoroughly). One of my least favorite jobs. Ok, the least favorite.

  • Finally get the piles and bins of summer clothing out of the girls' rooms. I think it's probably safe to pack them away. Finally. Right?

  • De-clutter. And repeat every day until (and including) Saturday.

  • Find time on Friday night or Saturday morning to mix up and make a whole bunch of Tastefully Simple recipes for the party - and hope that someone other than me and my sister-in-law will show up to eat them!
I think this list is going to take me the rest of the week, not just today, to finish. Especially since the girls have choir tonight and no housework will get done tomorrow night, of course. I do have to admit that this is a good opportunity to force encourage me to get my house in shape though!

What are you tackling this week? And check out other Tackle It Tuesday posts over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

8 wonderful people said...:

Beckaboo said...

Been there, done that! I just helped a friend by having a Pampered Chef party -- a CATALOG party!! (No need to clean for that. *wink*)

Happy cleaning!!

Blessings, Beckie :o)

bcmomtoo said...

The amount of dust in my house is embarrassing, too. Notice how I'm reading blogs and commenting instead of dusting, though.

The Edwards said...

Been there, done that yesterday, along with a race car trailer, garage, kids rooms, laundry room and refrig...Happy cleaning to US!

Karen said...

The good news is, if no one shows up to eat the food, you've got a lot of tasty things to eat. :)
But I'm hoping for a great turnout for you!

Mom Knows Everything said...

It sounds like you are in for a busy week!

Anonymous said...

All that in less than a week? Eek. Best of luck. Luckily the cooking part will be "simple", right?

Anonymous said...

You go girl... I just posted my tuesday!

Donetta said...

Wow that is a lot of doing, but you can do it, I have confidence in you! I love external motivation.