HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, November 9, 2007

Aloha Friday #7

It's Friday again! My favorite day of the week. :)

I've been thinking a lot about my parents this week since we're going to visit them this weekend. So here's my question for this week's Aloha Friday:

How many years have your parents been married (to each other or anyone else) or together (if they never were married)? If they're divorced, how long have they been divorced?

I hope this doesn't seem too forward of a question, and feel free to not answer if you don't want to. Here's my answer:

Technically, my parents were married to each other for 22 years. But they separated just a few months after their 19th anniversary. My mom has never remarried but my dad was married again for about 10 years - the marriage fell apart right after their anniversary. He's been single now for about 5 years but has a steady girlfriend who he's been with for several years now. I doubt he'll get married again - after 3 failed marriages (he was married to his first wife for almost 20 years before he got divorced and then met my mom) I don't think he's wanting to go through that again. He and his girlfriend are very content as they are. :)

Head on over to Kailani's to join in on the Aloha Friday fun!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

12 wonderful people said...:

Kelly said...

My parents have been married for just over 33 years. They give my brother and I a glimpse as to what true love is.

Memarie Lane said...

My parents have been married 36 years!

Anonymous said...

My parents would be technically married 37 years, but my father passed away ten years ago. My mother remarried 4 years ago.

bcmomtoo said...

My parents have been married for 43 years now.

Next year, Jeffrey and I will have been married for 22 years, and the parents for 44 years. Not that you asked. I just liked how the numbers lined up.

Oh, my grandparents were married for 70 years. When my grandpa died, my grandma said, "I wasn't ready to say good-bye." That's pretty good, after 70 years!

Heart of Rachel said...

My parents have been happily married for 33 years. They are still very sweet to each other.

Jennifer said...

My parents were married for 30 years. My dad passed away a week before their 31st anniversary. My mom has no desire to get remarried.

Anonymous said...

My parents have been married for 43 years now. And they are disgustingly happy. I say that because they still kiss on each other and make lewd comments.

I always feel like a kid again whenever they do that. "EW! Stop it!" lol

Anonymous said...

My parents have been married (to each other) for 43 years. Sometimes I'm surprised they made it this far! hee hee

Anonymous said...

My parents were married for 16 years, but ended up divorcing when I was 15. They always remained friends and the last few years of their lives they both came to all our holiday celebrations.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

You know what's crazy - I don't know how long my parents have been married. My mom's first marriage to my bio dad lasted about 5 years. I would guess that my mom and dad have been married pretty close to 30 years. I don't even know their anniversary as it was never a big deal to either of them.

Anonymous said...

My parents were married pretty young. My mom was 19 and my dad was 20. They were married for 34 years. My dad died when he was 53, my mom died at 52. I think I have the math right, as far as how long they were married. They were married right up until they died, they died a year apart, way too young! I knew when my dad died, my mom would not last long without him. She lasted 13 months. So sad and frustrating!!

Cathi said...

My father died in June of 2000 and at the time my parents had been married for just over 60 years. Wow!!