HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Apparently it costs to be warm

So I took the van in this morning to have the window looked at. Ron checked it last night, along with our neighbor (who works on cars) but they couldn't get the window up and figured it had to be an issue with the motor or the switch.

After I sat at the car repair shop until 9:30, Ron came and picked me up (he has today off for Hannah's birthday, but had to run into work to drop off his paperwork this morning) and since I was planning on taking off early today anyway (we're getting Christmas pictures taken this afternoon since who knows when Ron will get another day off anytime soon), added to getting there late, and a ton of stuff to do at home, I decided to just go ahead and take the day off. I have a a lot to do at home anyway that I'm way behind on (yes, I know I'm sitting here blogging instead...) and Hannah will love having both of us home to spend the afternoon with her when we pick her up from school at lunchtime.

So how much will it cost to get the window in my van fixed?

$184. Sigh...

I wonder if the plastic and duct tape option may have been a better idea? Cheaper, for sure!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

4 wonderful people said...:

SusieJ said...

Sigh, is right. Yuck. Right before Christmas.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Plastic and duct tape would do it for me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot. However, I guess I would pay $184 not to freeze my butt off. hee hee

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tammy, give me the duct tape. :)