HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16 - Thanks-giving

Thirteen Things about Giving Thanks

I'm posting this a bit early since we'll be busy most of the day - watching parades in the morning and then up at Ron's parents' house in the afternoon and evening. I'm not sure how many of his siblings will be there - probably his two sisters and their kids at least, so the girls will have fun running around with their cousins. I will enjoy the dinner and looking through the shopping ads. Ron will spend most of the day watching football with his dad and hoping that his beloved Detroit Lions at least put on a good show.

This year has been stressful, but I think it's always important to take the time to remember everything that we have to be thankful and grateful for. Not just on this day, but every day. And so I don't forget, here's my list of 13 things I'm thankful for.
  1. Family - First and foremost, I am thankful for Ron, the girls, and our parents, siblings and extended family as well. We are very lucky to get along with everyone in both families, even if we're not as close to some as I would like.

  2. Health - The only health concerns we've had this year have all been minor ones, with no major injuries or illnesses. I am so very thankful for that and hope that next year doesn't bring anything more urgent. I am praying that a kidney donor can be found for Ron's mom, but she is doing fairly well on dialysis so I am thankful for that as well.

  3. Home - Whether I love it or hate it, I am thankful that we have our house and that so far we've managed to hang onto it without getting too far behind on the mortgage. And I'm thankful for tax return season coming up so that we can hopefully get ourselves caught completely back up.

  4. Ron - Ok, there are times that he drives me crazy. But I am very thankful to share my life with Ron - he is a wonderful father and a caring husband. And I love him.

  5. Kids - I am thankful for my girls and that they are all doing well and are happy. And yes, even when they drive me nuts, I'm still thankful for every second that I get to spend with them!

  6. Friends - I am thankful for my friends, for their support and for the fun that we have together. I'm thankful that we've been able to stay close for all of these years and that our kids all get along well. I'm thankful for healing for Steve's ankle, a new baby coming for Mary, a steady job for Cheryl, and that Kristi has her Friday nights back with her family. And I'm so very thankful for all of the new blogging friends I've met this year online as well.

  7. Church - I am thankful to have found a church home that I love and where I feel completely comfortable and able to be myself. I'm thankful for all of the activities that they offer, the support they give, and to be able to explore my own faith and ideas on my terms and comfort level.

  8. Blogging - I never thought that this little blog would become something so important to me or so much a part of my life. I truly enjoy every moment that I spend writing my posts or reading other blogger's posts. Blogging is something that I do for me.

  9. Work - This is one I struggled a bit with because so much of me would rather be with my kids instead of working all day every day. But I have to be grateful to have a job when so many in this state do not and are suffering. I am thankful that I have a boss that is flexible and somewhat understanding of the commitments of a working parent. I am very thankful that my job allows me the freedom to sneak a few blog posts in here and there! And I'm thankful for my new home in this department with a window and much more comfortable digs than I had before.

  10. Vehicles - I am thankful that we have two working vehicles and that so far, Ron's van is holding on even with major work needed. I'm so thankful that this van which we only paid $1200 for has held up for as long as it has so that we'll be able to replace it with something more reliable next year. I am thankful that so far we haven't had any major repairs needed on our main vehicle and that it seems to be holding up well also.

  11. Community - I love the area that we live in. I can't think of anywhere that I'd rather be (except somewhere maybe just a bit warmer, LOL). I'm thankful for the school district that our kids are in, the teachers they have, the friends they're making, our neighbors and the people we've met in the 4 years that we've lived here.

  12. One month - This is how long it's been since Hannah has wet her pants. I finally feel like I can take a deep breath and announce that she is finally, completely, utterly and absolutely potty trained. Just in time for her 5th birthday next week. I am so very thankful for that!

  13. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes...- Thanksgiving dinner is one of my absolute favorite meals. I love the fact that I will get to eat a wonderful dinner tomorrow - and even better, that I will not have to cook any of it! LOL And I'm also thankful that my two children who absolutely refused to eat even a bite of turkey last year have both decided last week that it's really not so bad, and in fact is kinda tasty even. Phew! :)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

I did a thankful list, too, but I left out too much.. I think I could fill 13 lists of 13's. KWIM?!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I really love your list! I have a thankful list too:) But I love yours!
Mine is up here;
Thursday Thirteen
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Nice list. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Lovely list---I hope your family all have you at the top of theirs. From all the lists I'm seeing, I'm trying to target the unique item. Congratulations on getting successfully through another of those difficult tasks in child rearing! It's one of those things that we should all thank our moms for and conveniently forget!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list, have a great Thanksgiving.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

My kids have all decided they like thansgiving dinner too now - it's about time - especially since Mr. Picky is TEN!! LOL Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And happy TT!

Enjoy your day!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wish you a happy Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing your list :)

Greets Julia

Denise Patrick said...

One of the best "thankful" lists I've come across and, needless to say, today there are a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TT!

SandyCarlson said...

You're an inspiration. God bless!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

You are truly blessed! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!