HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, November 19, 2007

Holiday plans

Somehow - I don't know exactly how it happened - Thanksgiving has sneaked up on me. How can it possibly be in only 3 days?! Wasn't it like 70 degrees out and sunny, just a week or two ago? Aren't we still raking up piles of leaves with more on the trees yet to fall?

Hmph. I guess it really is only a few days away. One thing I'm thankful for this year - is that I'm not hosting Thanksgiving dinner. We're going to Ron's parents' house like we do most every year. But, the rest of the weekend will be hectic and busy, so not much rest on this 4-day weekend.

Friday, I'll be up at the crack of - well not dawn exactly, but yes, I am one of the crazy people out at 4am. My friend Kristi and I were very close to first in line at Kohl's last year. I've done Kohl's line for the past several years, but I think we're going to try Toys-R-Us this year. And we'll hit Target and Meijer, the Disney Store, Old Navy, Kohl's, and anywhere else we feel like. Kristi's husband Steve took the day off from work, but Ron couldn't get it off. I'm 90% sure that my niece will be able to come and babysit like she did last year.

On Saturday, we have company coming - my friend Mary and her two kids will be here. Which means that I have to clean the basement at some point before then because our basement den/playroom also doubles (triples?) as our guest bedroom as well. And I need to clean the rest of the house to get ready for guests. And go grocery shopping.

Sunday is Hannah's birthday party. I am very thankful that we are not doing it at the house! It's more expensive, but we are having her party at a local play/bounce place. We had Abby's 5th birthday party there so I promised Hannah that we would do her 5th birthday party there too. And it is a lot easier to manage when I don't have to deal with set up or clean up or trying to amuse 10+ kids for 2 hours.

My mom and brother will most likely be here at some point during the weekend too - I think they're planning on being here for Hannah's party if nothing else. And they may spend a night too, so we'll use our living room/fall-back guest bedroom.

What are your plans for the holiday weekend?

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

6 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

I'll be working a flight to Seattle. I love the cold weather there!

Lindy said...

I know what you mean... yikes! It sneaked up on me too!

Happy birthday to Hannah and I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving Deb!

bcmomtoo said...

Oh, so you're one of those crazy people that shop at insane hours of the morning! I was wondering.

My brother's coming for Thanksgiving, but I don't know what the rest of the weekend holds.

MomOf4 said...

It sounds like you have a busy, busy weekend planned! I admire shoppers who can get out so early - I have never been one of them! Good luck with your purchases! We are staying in town and celebrating with just our little family this year. We travel right after Christmas to see our extended families. :)

Anonymous said...

Our Thanksgiving plans are pretty boring. For the past 5 years it's been just us, since we don't have family around.

Kerry said...

You are a brave soul going out into the madness on Friday! I've always wanted to try and do it but can never leave my warm snuggly bed at 4am to go get in line. Have a great Thanksgiving!