HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, November 16, 2007

Fun Friday memes...

I'm very behind in acknowledging awards and tags lately, so I need to get caught up with that. First off, I was tagged by Amanda for the desktop view meme. I did do this one already, but since I was at home at the time I did my home computer desktop. Since I'm at work at the moment (on lunch break, ok?), I thought I'd post that one this time.

[TAG STARTS HERE]

My Desktop Free View Instruction:

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.
You can do a screen capture by: [1] Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). [2] Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). [3] If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it. For MAC users: Press [ Apple] [ Ctrl ] [ Shift ] and [ 3 ]

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.

D. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop

Anyway, I have dual monitors at work but since I haven't figured out how to make the wallpapers show two different images yet, they are both the same - like this:

Speaking of being behind - I think I need to do a new photo collage for this computer since 'Back to School' was a couple of months ago now... :)

Here's the list that was posted on Amanda's blog. I went back a couple of iterations and found a version that had the links included, so I've added the last couple that I know of to the bottom as well.

I tagged a few people before on this one, but I'll tag some others to keep adding to the fun. How about Amber, Shannon and Shana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also been tagged for a couple more of the 'random list' memes as well, this time by Tammy at Mom Knows Everything, for a 7 random facts one, and by MomOfThree for a 6 random facts one. Yikes - 13 random facts? Wow, I could've used this for my T13 list yesterday if I'd realized that... Anyway, I have done a few of these type before, so I'm not sure I can think of 13 random things that I haven't already used in one of the previous lists anyway, but I'll give it a try.

The rules are:
1. You link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. You share 7 13 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. You tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. You let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Here we go...
  1. I can write with either hand. Seriously, I can! I think Becca may end up ambidextrous as well since she doesn't really show a definite preference yet either.

  2. My favorite beverage to drink is water. Nothing else can quench my thirst nearly as well. It's pretty much the only thing I drink at home - I'll drink pop when we're out to eat or at work though.

  3. I've given up on dying my hair. There's so much gray in it now that it shows up extremely well against my natural dark brown. I'd almost have to touch the roots up every week if I wanted to keep it looking natural and I don't have the time or the money for that. Yes, it probably ages me a good 10 years, but I don't care. Deal with it. :)

  4. Apparently I need braces (again). My dentist wants me to consult with an orthodontist to find out details, but I seem to have a cross bite on both sides. All I know is that I need something to help with the jaw pain and problems I've got, so I think I probably do see wires and teeth straightening in my future. Just lovely. That'll go well with the gray hair, LOL. Maybe the two will cancel each other out and I'll just simply look my actual age?

  5. One reason that I take so many photos is that I have a horrible long-term memory. I hate the thought of forgetting how my kids were at the ages they're at, so I take bunches and bunches of photos. I love my digital camera!

  6. My favorite color is green. Dark green to be specific.

  7. There are some kids' cartoons that I really don't mind watching and do watch sometimes even when the kids aren't around. The Backyardigans is one of my favorites. However, I can't stand Barney, the Teletubbies or SpongeBob - all of which aren't allowed in our house.

  8. I like to shop when I'm stressed out. I'm usually stressed out because of money issues. You can see the problem here, I'm sure...

  9. I always have to wear a scarf around my neck in the winter, under my winter coat. I can't stand having my neck and chin get cold. However, I hate wearing gloves, so tend to avoid it unless it's really, really freezing out.

  10. I'm not fond at all of movies with animals in them. I'm not sure why, they just don't seem to interest me at all.

  11. I'm having a really hard time thinking of any more facts, and I'm getting pretty hungry, so I'm going to leave this at 7 +4 random facts. Off to eat lunch! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

2 wonderful people said...:

Mom Knows Everything said...

My 13 year old loved Barney when she was little. It drove me crazy!!! Thankfully my son doesn't like Barney. It's all about Thomas the Tank Engine for him.

MomOf4 said...

Thanks for playing! Dark green is my favorite color too! :)