- Because how else would I know that mermaids can wear wings or that monkeys can wear boots and talk and sing?
- Because I never really did want a clean, clutter-free house, right?
- Because all of my good clothes look best when smeared with ketchup, drool or snot.
- Because it's more fun to dress my kids up in cute little clothes than myself.
- Because I always wanted to be the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
- Because my idea of a perfect Saturday afternoon involves sitting in the hot sun or cold wind watching my child kick the ball one time out of an hour-long soccer game.
- Because I always wanted to try doing ponytails or braids on a head of hair that I could actually see.
- Because I have met some wonderful people through my kids' daycare, preschool and school.
- Because wet, sticky kisses from little faces are the best way to brighten up a gloomy day.
- Because why would I want to be able to walk through my house without stepping on 6 blocks, 4 stuffed animals, 3 cheerios and a board book?
- Because there is nothing like hearing "Mommy's here!" and getting bear hugs from little girls at the end of a long work day.
- Because my kids made my mom a Grandma.
- Because who needs to be a size 10 anymore anyway? Or a 12 or 14 for that matter...
- Because little girls are very ticklish. And have belly buttons that are so much fun to blow raspberries into.
- Because they give me an excuse to need to drive a minivan.
Not to mention all of that lovely candy to
This post was written as a submission for the November Group Writing Project at MamaBlogga on the topic of "I am grateful for my child(ren) because...".
Powered by ScribeFire.