HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, November 5, 2007

I am grateful for my children...

  • Because how else would I know that mermaids can wear wings or that monkeys can wear boots and talk and sing?
  • Because I never really did want a clean, clutter-free house, right?

  • Because all of my good clothes look best when smeared with ketchup, drool or snot.

  • Because it's more fun to dress my kids up in cute little clothes than myself.

  • Because I always wanted to be the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.

  • Because my idea of a perfect Saturday afternoon involves sitting in the hot sun or cold wind watching my child kick the ball one time out of an hour-long soccer game.

  • Because I always wanted to try doing ponytails or braids on a head of hair that I could actually see.

  • Because I have met some wonderful people through my kids' daycare, preschool and school.

  • Because wet, sticky kisses from little faces are the best way to brighten up a gloomy day.

  • Because why would I want to be able to walk through my house without stepping on 6 blocks, 4 stuffed animals, 3 cheerios and a board book?

  • Because there is nothing like hearing "Mommy's here!" and getting bear hugs from little girls at the end of a long work day.

  • Because my kids made my mom a Grandma.

  • Because who needs to be a size 10 anymore anyway? Or a 12 or 14 for that matter...

  • Because little girls are very ticklish. And have belly buttons that are so much fun to blow raspberries into.

  • Because they give me an excuse to need to drive a minivan.
And because I love watching them learn, seeing pieces of myself and my husband in them and having someone to take trick-or-treating on Halloween.

Not to mention all of that lovely candy to steal watch them eat! :)


This post was written as a submission for the November Group Writing Project at MamaBlogga on the topic of "I am grateful for my child(ren) because...".


Powered by ScribeFire.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

8 wonderful people said...:

Mom Knows Everything said...

That is such a wonderful post. You little girls are lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

Corey~living and loving said...

lots and lots and lots of reasons for sure! wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful reasons--I love your perspective because I can't just list off only happy, rosy things to be grateful for in motherhood myself!

Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

That was a fantastic post!! All of it is so true!!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

this is brillant ... I could write all these things too (one day I might ...be inspired to !)

Maude Lynn said...

Aww, I love this!

Anonymous said...

Excellent reasons! (As I scarf down that piece of Halloween candy before I get caught!)

Anonymous said...

well I just found out I'm going to be a father so I'm full of nothing but good things right now :) http://www.the411onhair.com