HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Apparently the Backyardigans needed their diapers changed last night...


Becca woke up at midnight (again! I had thought we were beyond this...). She wanted a drink and to sit on my lap. Then, she got down and asked me to turn on the light in her room

(which in toddler-ese is accomplished by running to the last point in the living room where she can still see me from, looking at me and saying "Mom, mom, mom, mom" over and over until I come over to see what she wants, at which point she leads me into her room and points at the light switch until I turn it on)

She knew what she was looking for too - she grabbed Hannah's her 2 stuffed Backyardigans friends (Pablo and Uniqua) and brought them back out into the living room. Then she demanded politely 'asked' to sit on my lap again.

At which point, she spread her legs apart, set Uniqua there, pushed Uniqua's legs up to her belly and proceeded to 'change her diaper', complete with pretend wiping and reaching for a pretend diaper next to her to pretend to put on Uniqua's bottom. All the while saying "ewww, stinky!" over and over.

Apparently 'pretend' diaper changing requires real supplies though, so she hopped back down off my lap and 'led' me back into her room where she pointed at the box of wipes on her dresser until I grabbed one for her.

Change of scenery this time though - Pablo needed to be changed at the kitchen table for some reason. Never mind that the kitchen table is not someplace where diapers are usually changed, but it's basically the only table she can reach. Pablo was then wiped over and over again for at least a good 5 minutes - the poor little guy would've been pretty chafed by the time she was through...

BeccaWipingPablo_001

BeccaWipingPablo_002

Mommy made a command decision at that point and the little 'diaper changer/wiper' was returned to her bed along with two rather damp-bottomed friends.

So now I'm waiting to see what her friends will be subjected to if she wakes up at midnight again tonight...

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

5 wonderful people said...:

Mom Knows Everything said...

OMG....that's so cute!!! I miss having a little girl. My daughter is 13 and my son is 3, but he is all boy and would rather have Pablo and Uniqa fight each other. LOL

Anonymous said...

She wants to be just like her mother! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb! That is just hilarious! We have the Backyardigans gang here too, but they have never had such an attentive little mommy to get up and change their diapers at midnight - LOL! Becca is just adorable : )

Corey~living and loving said...

LOL that is so funny. My girl used to LOVE to pretend to change diapers too. :) she needed a REAL wipe also. :)
but...she never did it at midnight. hmmm.....maybe those backyardagins shouldn't have so many snacks before bedtime. wink wink

Real Life Sarah said...

Too funny! Pea likes to change all her toys diapers, but thankfully not at midnight! I love that you got out your camera to shoot it!