HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, November 19, 2007

Six months ago...

Maura at Mom Coming Home is celebrating her blog's 3rd birthday this month. Wow, 3 years! I realized while writing this post, that November 30th will mark exactly 6 months since I started this little blogging adventure. It seems like I've been doing this for so much longer than that in some ways and like I just started this yesterday in others.

In order to celebrate the big occasion, Maura is having a fun giveaway. She looked back in her archives and found her very first blog post. And she's asking other bloggers to do the same - in order to look at how much our blogs (and we) have changed over time. I love this idea! And it doesn't hurt that she's giving away three $20 gift certificates to Amazon either... :)

I posted for the first time on May 30th of this year. It was almost 5pm and I was just messing around for the last few minutes before leaving work that day. I remember being excited to enter this whole blogosphere and wanting to get started right away. So I wrote the following little post, just to kick things off:

I'm writing this in the last 5 minutes before 5pm (oops), so it'll have to be short. This is my blog! More later - I have to take off to pick up the 3 cutest kids you've ever seen from daycare. Ok, so maybe I'm a bit biased. :)

Anyway, this is my first blog post - hopefully the first of many! I can't promise to be witty and eloquent, but I'll try my best to keep things interesting.

Time to go...
A lot has happened since then, and yet nothing major has changed. My girls have started a new school year and new activities. I have changed departments at work and face uncertainty as to where this job will be in another 6 months. Becca has grown and changed probably the most - the difference between 16 and 22 months has been dramatic in terms of her coordination, speech and what she has learned overall.

Six months ago, we were looking forward to the beginning of summer but dreading the extra daycare costs. The girls were thrilled to be able to play outside and run around without heavy coats or hats on. Everything was turning green again, and we were anticipating the fun summer activities to come.

It's been a wonderful six months of learning how this whole blogging thing works, meeting a ton of new people, making a lot of new friends, keeping in touch with family and friends and realizing that I enjoy writing more than I ever really knew before.

I'm hoping to keep things rolling along here at Mom of 3 Girls for the next 6 months and beyond - and hopefully someday I'll be celebrating 3 years of blogging as well.

Happy blogging birthday to you, Maura!! :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

5 wonderful people said...:

Jean said...

I'll have to join in on this one. My first was pretty short and sweet to.

Karen said...

Mine was long. Too long. :)
I had to join in on this too. Fun looking back through the archives and seeing how my blog has progressed!

Anonymous said...

Has it been six months allready, it just seems like yesterday!

April will be my second year, and I can't believe it's been that long either. My first post is still on blogger, I'll have to go find it, and join in the celebration.

MomOf4 said...

I hope you are blogging for years to come as well! Happy 6 month blog birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Thank you...I appreciate you participating in my contest!

I love your header with the pics of the girls. They are beautiful.

Take care,

Maura