Becca from Becca's Buzz has started a new meme! I'm coming into it a few weeks late, but I thought it was something fun to do for Mondays, and hey - I love her blog (not to mention her name, LOL!). So this is how it works:
"Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified."So the topic for this week is, "Give Me Five things you like and/or dislike about your birthday". Well, I just had my birthday a couple of weeks ago, so here's what I liked or disliked about this particular one, plus a few other things I thought of as well.
- I love, love, love getting presents! Especially when they're picked out just for me by my 3 little girls, or when they're a complete surprise...
- Speaking of surprises though, I absolutely cannot stand surprise parties. Actually I'm not big on birthday parties for myself in general. I hate being the center of attention - it was something I really struggled with at my wedding and baby showers too. I've had one surprise birthday party in my life - Ron and a friend/former co-worker threw it for me while Ron and I were still engaged. It was a complete surprise and I'm still not sure if I've forgiven them for it (ok, just kidding there. It was 8 years ago...).
So to recap - surprises that come in little boxes with bows on them - yes. Surprises that involve people jumping out and shouting 'surprise' at me - no. :)
- I love having little girls say and sing 'Happy Birthday' to me. Especially when they're toddlers who wander around the house muttering, "Hap Birdy Mommy" over and over again. Nope, can't get enough of that!
- I love all of the freebies that you can get on your birthday. I just need to find more of them. :)
- I'm starting to be a little wary of birthdays lately, especially since I'm now on the 'far' side of 30 and headed ever closer to that big 4-0. I just don't feel anywhere close to old enough to be nearly 40!