HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Monday, November 26, 2007

Heads or Tails #15 - Mark

This week's topic is Mark. A couple of people named Mark come to mind, but what I'm going to write about is a different kind of mark - the kind that my kids make when they draw or write.

Last weekend after raking leaves, my girls asked to get out the sidewalk chalk. Sure, it was cold and windy, but what the heck - if they wanted to draw... Somehow the colors look so much more vivid now in the autumn than they did when faded by the summer sun.

Here's Hannah's marks on the pavement:
HannahsChalkPictureOnPorch

And Abby's marks:

AbbysChalkPictureOnPorch

Pretty similar, huh! I'm not sure which of them copied from the other, but it's interesting to see the differences and similarities - how each of them leaves their mark on the 'canvas'.

Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

17 wonderful people said...:

Misty DawnS said...

Looks like you have a couple of budding artists in the family! Loved the pictures and I loved comparing the two drawings. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute! That's a lot of talent for one family : )

Natalie said...

How fun! When we lived in Lakewood there were neighbor kids who would draw on the sidewalks and my little one loved to point out their pictures to me. :) Thanks for reminding me of that memory! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice work! :) Looks like they both love sunny days! :) Too bad these marks will fade with the weather! Enjoy them while you can! :)

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwwwww, I love this interpretation of "Mark"....great idea.

My H o T is posted.

Barb said...

I see you have a couple of budding artists in your family. Sidewalk chalk is one of the best (and cheapest) inventions for kids. :)

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of some of the sidewalk art my children did when they were little, we used to do murals.
Now NBear & Boo Bear love to draw and do so all of the time.
Great take on the HoT theme this week.

Dallas Meow said...

oh, now I miss babygirl drawing with chalk on the sidewalk - I used to get so TIRED of cleaning it.

Rambler said...

Some really great marks to remember :)

BeccA's Buzz said...

Awwwwwwwww! Creative 'marks' are the best kind to share! I love this post, great HOT this week LOL

Rebecca said...

Oooh, I love sidewalk chalk! Great idea for Mark!! :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Side walk chalks is a great way for kids to become great artist.

Anonymous said...

the best artwork in the world is from our kids--beautiful!!

bundle-o-contradictions said...

That's very sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

I love looking at artwork done in chalk....so sweet. They really did a good job too! What a great way to use the word, love it.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Nice take on the meme this week! Very fun.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very happy and colourful Marks