HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #18 - Big girl bed

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

My littlest girl is growing up... Sigh. This weekend we moved her out of the crib and into a 'big-girl' toddler bed. We did it now for a few reasons. First, she has been wanting to climb up onto Hannah's bottom bunk in the girls' room and pretends to sleep on it, complete with tucking a blanket around her and snuggling with her stuffed animals (yes, it's darn cute! See the picture below...). She loves climbing onto the bed in our room as well. She's also tall for her age and I've noticed a few times where her little feet have gotten stuck between the crib slats - something that might be contributing to her midnight awakenings, I think. And, the timing worked out perfectly for a swap as well.

BeccaLyingInHannahsBed_001

You see, my friend Mary is pregnant - her baby is due on Becca's 2nd birthday, in January. They have 2 older kids (10 and 4) but had gotten rid of all of their baby gear after Emma grew out of it. The crib that they thought they could use didn't work out, but they did have a wooden toddler bed that Emma is no longer using.

Cue *light bulb over head* moment that I had in the van while driving back from Detroit a couple of weeks ago...

We have a crib - Becca is ready for a toddler bed. Mary has a toddler bed but needs a crib. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

Our crib converts into a toddler bed, but even on the lowest setting is still too high for Becca to climb in and out of easily. But in order to get her used to the idea, we went ahead and converted it last weekend, like this:

BeccasCribIntoToddlerBed

She did really well sleeping in it, with just a couple of exceptions. Then, when Mary came up, Ron took the crib apart (Abby helped - she was so proud that she was allowed to use the screwdriver, LOL). and we put the toddler bed in it's place. Then Ron loaded the crib parts into Mary's van and we were all set. :)

Becca is very excited about having her own 'big-girl' bed that she can climb in and out of by herself!

BeccasNewToddlerBed_007

Now I just have to figure out what to do about the fact that she's always slept in the other direction! We'll probably look at re-arranging her room a bit to get the bed facing correctly with her head where it's supposed to be. Her room is a bit trashed after the weekend anyway, so that's the rest of my tackle for this week - to get Becca's room all set and figure out pillow and blankets and all of that. She's slept in the toddler bed for 3 nights now with no fuss, no climbing out when we don't want her to be and very little waking up in the middle of the night. We'll see how it goes from here.

My baby is growing up! *sniff*

What are you tackling this week? And check out other Tackle It Tuesday posts over at 5 Minutes for Mom!

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

7 wonderful people said...:

~Amber~ said...

HOOHOO!! I am next!! :(

They grow up so quickly. She looks like she is loving it though and what a cute toddler bed!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, it´s tough when they move to a big kid bed. We went through that a few months ago with Dorian and I have to say I cried because it felt like he was just getting big too fast!รง

I´ve given you an award, check it out on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, forgot to tell you that I´m running a contest for wahms over on my At Home Mom blog. You can win one of ten free year-long listings in my new Business Directory. Thought you might like to add it to your contest roundup. Contest expires on Dec.1.

http://athomemomblog.com/get-a-free-business-directory-listing/

Anonymous said...

Happy Early Worless Wednesady, or Happy Wordless Tuesday, to some. I have some done, but I still need to re-pack for my cruise Dec 8! I pack once, then do a once over a week before! Im going with BFF!!! WOO HOOO! I also have my Wednesday up already too! Come visit me!

Unknown said...

OMG! she is so cute! My son was so thrilled to be getting a big boy bed. He helped daddy put the bed together!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when my girls went from a crib to a big girl bed!! It was a huge, emotional moment, esp. my youngest. She looks so adorable, and happy in her new bed. She was totally ready to be a big girl.
Great pictures, as always!
XOXO

Corey~living and loving said...

ummm yeah. my girl is almost 3 now...and I am still resisting the move. She sleeps so well in her crib. I am scared to change. but the time is coming.