HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday sum-up: snakes and slides

We had a really nice day today. Nobody threw up, had a fever or was otherwise under the weather. We do still have some coughing going on, but not too badly.

Hannah had a birthday party to go to over lunchtime - somehow I waited too long to start getting everyone ready so was rushing to get out the door, but we actually made it on time. While Hannah was at the party, I took Abby and Becca to Target and then we stopped at McDonalds for lunch.

As we were leaving McDonalds to run and pick Hannah up from the birthday party, guess who we ran into? Yep, Ron. Completely by coincidence he had stopped at the same McDonalds for lunch in between jobs. So Abby and Becca got to see him for a total of only about 3 minutes since we had to rush back to get Hannah, but it was a nice surprise.

The birthday party Hannah went to was at the zoo. They went through the reptile house and got to touch a snake and a lizard. (Can you tell the party was for a boy? LOL) Hannah thought it was pretty cool though. They got to make safari hats and she came home with a temporary tattoo of a giraffe on her cheek and 2 goody bags full of snacks and plastic bugs and snakes as well. Which Hannah played with all during quiet time downstairs. Yes, this little girl of mine who freaks out when she sees a real bug, was playing with realistic-looking, fake plastic ones just as if they were toy cats or dogs. Silly girl! :)



Later in the afternoon we went to the mall with my friend Kristi and her family, and the girls ran around the play area with Kristi's boys. Becca went down the slides - over and over. I don't think she did anything else the entire time we were there. And every time, she came down with a huge grin on her face, got up and immediately headed for the stairs to go again. I thought I was going to get a tantrum out of her when I picked her up to leave, until I mentioned the words 'toy store' to her. She definitely knows what that means! We played with the toys browsed at the toy store for a while, then played with the toys browsed at the Disney Store before heading home for supper and movie night with Daddy.

All in all, it was a really nice, stress-free, illness-free day. I definitely could handle a lot more days like this. :)

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

3 wonderful people said...:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Sounds like a pretty good day. I miss not having a mall with a play area. And by the time we move back to the states and anywhere near a play area my kids are mostly going to be too big.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your girls have the same thing my kids have.

Glad you all had a good day. I think we're on the road to recovery too. Everyone had a good nights sleep last night!

Lindsay does the same thing when we go to the mall play area, she'll spend her time by just going down the slide over and over again, with this big smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww! I'm glad you guys finally had a good, healthy day. The zoo party looks like it was lots of fun! I'm glad you're back on track.