HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fashionista

My older two girls could care less what they wear every day. Actually, that's not completely true. Abby went through her monochromatic phase a couple of years ago where she wanted to wear the same color (either purple or pink) for every piece of clothing, down to her underwear and socks. And if anything says something like "Daddy's Girl" or "I Love My Daddy", she's all over it. Purple and pink are still her favorites, and overalls are something she gleefully pulls out of her drawer whenever they're clean.

Hannah pretty much wears whatever I pick out for her. Her favorite colors are orange, black and green. Unfortunately, since most of her wardrobe was handed down from Abby, she's stuck with a lot of pink and purple clothing right now. But she doesn't generally seem to mind. She's pretty easy going in that way, if not in others.

Up until today, Becca was fairly oblivious to what she wore. I'm used to picking out her clothes every morning - or maybe Ron some days. But she's been a 'go with the flow' kind of girl, in terms of clothing anyway.

This morning, I picked out clothes for church for Becca and Ron was getting her dressed. She took one look at the cute little denim skort that I gave him for her, shoved it away from her and stated firmly, "NO!".

Hmm.

So I grabbed a pink ruffly skort out of the closet and showed it to her, "how about this one?"

"Yes!" she said happily and let Ron put in on her. Then, when he sat her up to put her shirt on her, she started smoothing the ruffles with her hands, saying over and over, "I cute!".

Oh boy, are we in for it with this one.

BeccaInShirt&Skirt_001

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

13 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

Good luck it's sounds like it's going to be a fun ride with your youngest.


infant clothes

bcmomtoo said...

Well, you know, she is cute! You're right, you are in for it with this one.

Karen said...

She does have some fashion sense. That outfit is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

That skirt is totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! I've got one of those myself. I think we've both got our work cut out for us...it seems to only get worse. :(

MomOf4 said...

I can see why she likes that skirt! Very cute and very girly! :)

~Amber~ said...

Adorable!!!! LOVE the outfit! Victoria has been picking her clothes out and screaming when I try to force something that actually matches. LOL!!

Unknown said...

LOL! She's right, she is cute!!

Anonymous said...

"I cute..." Oh, look out Deb! She sure is though : ) No denying it!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh me oh my...you might have a live one on your hands. That is so funny. So far.....my girl could care less what she is wearing, and I like it that way. :)

Real Life Sarah said...

This is exactly what my 2-year-old does! She is the third as well. This morning after I put on her sneakers, she went and got her patent leather church shoes and put them on, as she said, "I Dees foos" Are we in trouble, or what?

Rebekah said...

I had two boys first (whom the oldest one used to wear "red" everything. reminded me of your oldest). When I had my two girls I was shocked at how young they desire to "look fashionable". But they make me laugh daily with their grown up attitude about clothes

Julie Arduini said...

I've got a 4 year old who changes clothes several times a day if I don't get to her fast enough. And she knows what she wants, and it's never what I pick out! Great post!