I'm home with just Becca today - we're down to 3 girls coughing, nobody with a fever and (so far) nobody having thrown up today. So both big girls went to school, but since Becca can't yet tell me how she's feeling, and I'd hate to send her to daycare only to have her throw up again, I kept her home with me. Besides, I kind of needed a break and a chance to spend some quality time with my little one. However, I've realized several things this morning:
- Somewhere along the line I have apparently forgotten how to play blocks. At least that's the idea I'm getting when a certain little toddler keeps grabbing them out of my hands saying, "No, Mommy!" over and over, every time I try to stack them or build something. I must be doing something wrong...
- Anything that looks like, sounds like, acts like or even remotely resembles Dora, IS Dora. No ifs, ands, or buts about it and don't try to argue the fact - just go with it!
- Baby dolls must be covered entirely in their blankets (faces even) and carried around on your shoulder. No other way of covering or carrying them is acceptable or they will be taken away from you.
- Playing with a one-year-old is tiring... (yawn)
- The new fashion style is apparently to wear an entirely separate, non-matching outfit over the one you already had on. The appropriate thing to do when dressed this way is to lie on the couch on your stomach and watch television...
However, do not expect to see me sporting this fashion trend any time soon.
I'm off to grab some lunch and catch up on blog reading while my fashion diva is napping!