HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Friday, November 2, 2007

Catching up...

It's been a very odd day. I'm not sure why, except that I was home instead of at work and in the world of a toddler all day... I'm just feeling very 'blah' for some reason. Maybe it's sugar shock from all the leftover Halloween candy I've been stuck at home with for the past 2 days. :)

I have 4 awards that I need to acknowledge this week and one meme that I've been tagged for. So to get started...

I was awarded a Halloween treat award from Jenn at ~enjoying the ride~ last week and didn't get a chance to thank her then, so I'd like to do so now. Thanks, Jenn! And I love your blog! :)

Holly at Mama Pajama has given me the Wonder Women award! Wow, I'm really honored that she thinks so. I think that all of the moms I know are really 'Wonder Women' but I would like to pass this award on to a couple of them - Eileen and Michelle. You ladies are truly amazing.

And Holly also awarded me the Bloggers With Integrity award as well, under the category of "For Staying True to Their Beliefs". Thank you, this one really means a lot to me. The award was created by The Little Aussie Cynic to honor those blogs with integrity and there are several different categories you can award it under. I'm going to do so as well, to pass it along to just some of the many bloggers who I feel strive to blog with integrity.

Thank you for both of those, Holly!

And Megan at SortaCrunchy has given me the Community Blogger award - thank you! I really feel honored to be a part of this whole blogging community and love everyone I've met here. So I'd like to give this one to everyone - if you don't already have it (or even if you do), consider it yours! :)

Lastly, Karen at Pediascribe has tagged me for the Desktop Capture meme.

Here’s how you play:

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. PC people: You can do a screen capture by going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it. MAC people: You can do a screen capture using Grab.

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Desktop Capture shot of their desktop as well.

D. Add your name to the list of participants with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Capture post to promote it to succeeding participants. The list will keep getting longer and longer!!!

Ok, well since I'm on my home computer at the moment, here's the desktop from my laptop:

The picture is from a couple of years ago - I know I should probably update my desktop with one that includes Becca, but I just love this photo so much that I can't bring myself to do it. Besides, I have pictures of all 3 of them on my work computer desktop... I don't have a lot of icons on my desktop in general since I try to keep it pretty clean and clutter-free (one of the few areas in my life I seem to be able to accomplish that!).

Here are the people who were already on the list:

Dawn @ Coming to a Nursery Near You
Karen @ Pediascribe
Stacey @ Jamee Forever
Meredith @ Pregnantly Plump
Karly @ Wiping Up Snot
MelodyAnn @ ShooFly
Deb @ Mom of 3 Girls

And I'm going to tag the following 5 people:

Kerry @ and baby makes four
Jen @ One Moms World
Sarah @ Real Life
Karen @ Surviving Motherhood
Jean @ Working Momma 247

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thank you for thinking of me. I'm feeling better and hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be back to my old self.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

congratulations on all of your wonderful awards! :)

and thank you so much for passing the
bloggers with integrity award on to me. i'm honored. :)

Jean said...

Congrats on your Awards Deb you deserve them. Such a good bloggin momma! I like this Meme!

Anonymous said...

Way to knock that all out in one post! :)

Congrats on the awards.

Anonymous said...

Wow... Big Congrats on all the awards Deb!! :)

Thank you missy for the award as well. I'll post this week :)

Shana said...

Thank you for the nice award! I passed it one just now! :o)

Believer in Balance said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Now have your hubby hide the candy!

Corey~living and loving said...

thank you for the award Deb. :) you are so sweet. and deserve all those awards.

Anonymous said...

Deb, thanks so much - I'm just having a rough few days, but I WILL acknowledge this on my blog soon. ty very much

Anonymous said...

Wow Deb! That was a nice surprise to find as I was trying to catch up in blogland : ) You really made my day - I have been feeling like ANYTHING BUT a Wonder Woman lately. Thanks for the boost - and congrats on your well deserved sheaf of awards!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the award. I just happened upon it tonite. I had skimmed this post before, but hadn't noticed my name! Now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside!

Congrats on all your awards!