HOME ----ABOUT----AWARDS----CONTACT

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Heads or Tails #14 - Never Say Never

The topic this week is something that you said you'd never do or say, but now you do.

Unfortunately, I can think of all kinds of things that fit with this. Which is somewhat depressing and makes me realize that I need to try to drum up some willpower somewhere and make some changes in my life.

I never, ever thought I would weigh as much as I do now. I was never 'tiny', but always was a fairly healthy weight - until I had kids. Even then, after Abby and Hannah, I weighed too much, but it wasn't completely out of control. I now weigh more than I ever have before in my life and I hate it.

I never thought I would feel this disorganized. I just can't seem to keep a handle on our schedule and feel like I'm constantly rushing everywhere all the time. I am trying to work on this one.

I never thought I could let our financial situation get so out of control. And I never, ever thought I could let us get behind on the one loan that affects someone else. We're trying, really hard, to get caught back up but it's a struggle.

I never thought I could yell at my kids. Unfortunately I now know that I can. I don't do it much, but I don't want to be doing it at all.

I never thought I could love anyone so much as I do my girls. And I'm very thankful that I have them in my life! :)

Check out other Heads or Tails posts at Skittles' Place.

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network add to sk*rt

11 wonderful people said...:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to the yelling thing. I never thought I could yell at them either (and have the ability to lose my mind in one day!) but it has definitely happened!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I'll ditto the yelling bit. I hate using my voice but it booms and gets the point across. LOL

Rambler said...

I like the way you ended the post, in a way its all that matters right.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about my weight and yelling at the kids. :P Also, to tell the truth, I always said I would never have kids or get married . . . But I´m glad I reneged on that one! :D

Barb said...

It is SO hard to lose weight. I say this as I'm eating a bagel with cream cheese. *Smack head*

My son's family was here a couple weeks ago and he told his 4 yr old son to clean up because they were leaving. When Andy didn't do it, my son said, "Oh great. Now I'm in a big dilemma. Do I let Andy get away with it or do I use my mean dad voice in front of my mom?" (I told him to use his mean dad voice, which really wasn't that mean at all.)

Karen said...

I can totally relate to the weight thing. It's insidious how it creeps up on us!

As for the yelling thing. Yeah, me too. It's not daily, or even weekly, but sometimes there is just no other way to get across the point! And I always am stunned that the kids high tail it into gear when I yell. Then they tell me they hate it when I yell! Ok, uh...then don't let it get to that point! Obey WAY before I get to the yelling level! (sigh)

Misty DawnS said...

I hope you get things straightened out and caught up - I'll be thinking of you.

Natalie said...

My Heads or Tails post is different, but I could've said all that, I totally relate. I'm struggling to lose weight, never in a million years did I think I'd get this big. I try not to yell at my oldest daughter (the other is an infant) but I sometimes do. We're in debt up to our eyeballs. Oh...all these nevers that I want away from.

Anonymous said...

I remember when my youngest was 10 or 11 she said stop yelling at me. (I wasn't yelling at all, but she didn't like what I was saying). So I did yell as loud as I could back to her "I wasn't yelling but I am now!" The look on her face was priceless.

bcmomtoo said...

I never thought I would feel this disorganized, either. I think I used to have it all together, but I forgot where I put it!

I have found that my definition of yelling and my kids' definition of yelling is not the same thing. Not to say I don't yell at them sometimes, because I do, but sometimes they tell me, or their dad, to stop yelling, and we're not even yelling. It's enough to make me yell!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I didn't play heads or tails this time around but I'm stopping in and reading a few of them.